The statistics are staggering: 44 percent of lesbian women, 61 percent of bisexual women, 26 percent of gay men, 37 percent of bisexual men and nearly half of transgender people will be raped, attacked or stalked by an intimate partner in their lifetime. We need to reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act with modest but meaningful improvements that enhance our nation’s response to these heinous crimes.
More than 150,000 California children dropped out of federally funded health insurance programs in 2018, a trend some experts blame on the Trump administration’s anti-immigrant policies and efforts to upend the Affordable Care Act.
For years, Dorothy Lowery, 72, of San Pedro has struggled to get by on the less than $700 a month she receives in Supplemental Security Income.
That changed on June 1, when Lowery and about 500,000 other seniors and disabled people in California who receive SSI became newly eligible for food aid.
As a researcher and as someone who, like many in my generation, has faced sexual harassment on more occasions that I care to consider, I hope my research team’s new study, “Measuring #MeToo in California,” will help show how prevalent sexual harassment is, so we can work to end it.
Given that Medi-Cal covers around 5.5 million children—more than half of kids in the state—the number of children not accessing all the preventive services they’re entitled to accounts for close to a quarter of California’s children.
- Fabletics Nicola Tank size XXL firey orange 34
- Lady Marlene LACE Long Line Wired LOW PLUNGE Bra Size 34 D Nude Nylon
- New Laundry By Shelli Sagal Coral Sand Women's Swimwer Sz S
- Pre Owned J Crew Striped Size xSmall Navy Cotton
- Triumph Bügel BH Comfort Minimizer W ungepolstert NEU
- Women Strapless Summer Style Split Floral Printed Long Maxi Dress
- Athleta Sculptek Skinny Crop Jean Biscayne Wash, Sz 8 Biscayne Wash (104143)
- Diesel Kameron Wash 28674.3oz Jeans Trousers bluee Ladies Woman's Size 26 32
- Fantasie - Rebecca Lace Spacer T-shirt Bra, Sand (Nude)
- JS 511X - Soft sheer frilly sissy show-off panties, BN Large, crossdressing fun
- NEW 158 Joes Flare Leg Jeans Womens sz- 26 Dark bluee Wash Joe NWT Released hem
- VTG SILK STRIPED CAMI DRESS S
- NWT Victoria's Secret Designer Bodysuit 34D
- ShaperQueen 102B Thong - Women Waist Cincher Girdle Tummy Slimmer Sexy Thong ...
- 12433-42983 Felpa con cappuccio Slim Maniche Lunghe men Andrew Charles grey C
- AURUM 79 Decorated bluee Printed Devarshy Full YOGA LEGGINGS PF - 1090B
- Clara Sun Woo Womens Pant White Straight Leg Techno 4 Way Stretch Pull On M New
- Eshaisha Embroidered Winter Collection 2018 Design EA-03
- FREE PEOPLE Pale Pink Peach Wide Leg Palazzo Pant SAMPLE Size Small
- Issue New York One-Shoulder Wide Leg Jumpsuit draped ruffle overlays XL 739 NWT
- Lauren Vidal New With Out Tag Skirt Size Large.
- Metallic gold Shiny Spandex Leggings High Waisted Chrome Lame Foil
- New without Tags Newport News Pink Leather Skirt Size 10
- NWT LAUREN.RALPH LAUREN ingreened pleat front wide leg pants in navy, size M
- Pinko Skirt MADE IN ITALY Woman Beige 1N11885929 CZ5
- Sexy Woman skirt Women's gold All Seasons cod. 68609 UK
- Tribal Women's Flatten It Pull-on Slim Leg Pant
- Women. Armani Exchange Pants For Summer Spring jogger Style Size Large New
- Ann Taylor dress 2 Navy bluee
- BODY LANGUAGE SPORTSWEAR SOPHIE BRA TOP SIZE 6 NWT 70
- Free People Festival Embroidered bluesh Floral Slip Dress Size M Nwt Msrp 98.
- Lilly Pulitzer Shailene Navy Floral Bell Sleeve Dress 2
- NEW WOMEN'S HARD WEAR RECCO PANTS SIZE US M OL6288
- RALPH LAUREN 135 Womens New 1294 Red Pleated Bell Sleeve Dress 12 Petites B+B
- VICTORIA SECRET PINK SIGNATURE FIT rainbow SEQUIN PANTS bling Joggers xs
- Women's Marmot Norah LS Turtle Dove 57410 New With BLEMISHES MSRP 55
For close to four decades, the Lanterman Act has supported people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in California with a network of centers offering specialized care.
We need our elected representatives in Sacramento to stand up to Big Oil and hold the industry accountable for the harms it is causing in our communities and around the world.
The murder of a Fresno woman by her partner on May 4 is a reminder of the dangers many domestic violence survivors confront when trying to leave a relationship, police and experts said.
Untreated mood and anxiety disorders associated with pregnancy are costing California billions of dollars in health care spending, social services expenses and productivity losses, according to a new report.
I blame no one for my daughter’s death, but looking back I recognize that there were opportunities for the teachers, coaches and family members to intervene and possibly save her.
Researchers at the University of Southern California and Occidental College have come up with a roadmap for transitioning the state to a low-carbon economy while improving the lives of the state’s most marginalized people.
OP ED: For Our LGBT Community, We Need a Better Violence Against Women Act via @calhealthreport