The statistics are staggering: 44 percent of lesbian women, 61 percent of bisexual women, 26 percent of gay men, 37 percent of bisexual men and nearly half of transgender people will be raped, attacked or stalked by an intimate partner in their lifetime. We need to reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act with modest but meaningful improvements that enhance our nation’s response to these heinous crimes.
More than 150,000 California children dropped out of federally funded health insurance programs in 2018, a trend some experts blame on the Trump administration’s anti-immigrant policies and efforts to upend the Affordable Care Act.
For years, Dorothy Lowery, 72, of San Pedro has struggled to get by on the less than $700 a month she receives in Supplemental Security Income.
That changed on June 1, when Lowery and about 500,000 other seniors and disabled people in California who receive SSI became newly eligible for food aid.
As a researcher and as someone who, like many in my generation, has faced sexual harassment on more occasions that I care to consider, I hope my research team’s new study, “Measuring #MeToo in California,” will help show how prevalent sexual harassment is, so we can work to end it.
Given that Medi-Cal covers around 5.5 million children—more than half of kids in the state—the number of children not accessing all the preventive services they’re entitled to accounts for close to a quarter of California’s children.
- Chelsea & purple Womens Tunic Top Dress Long Sleeve sz Small NWT
- Halston Heritage Red Women's 6 Asymmetrical Surplice Sheath Dress 345-
- Madewell Shirred Indigo Dress Size S 148
- NWT Arden B. 148 gold Dot Silk Blend Dress Size L
- Salt Tree Women's Ruffled Front Stripe Insert Cold Shoulder Dress US Seller
- Skins DNAmic Three Quarter Tights Ladies SIZE XS(8) REF C1280
- 295 Frame Le Crop Mini Boot Crop Jeans Size 27
- 7FAM SEVEN FOR ALL MANKIND Womens Dark bluee DOJO Bootcut Flare Jeans Size 30
- CHANTELLE ETERNELLE STRAPLESS DEMI BRA Stunning White Lace 32 - 38, A - D SEXY
- Fantasie Amelie Fl9272 W Armature Soutien-Gorge Soutien Latéral Twilight ( Twt )
- JEANS women KAOS JEANS SKINNY FIT COTONE ELASTICIZZATO DARK NAVY DENIM STRETCH
- Marie Jo °Ikuma° String Spumante creme
- NWT JOE'S PROVOCATEUR Petite Fit Wash VERONICA Boot Cut Jeans Sz 25
- Seven for All Mankind whire cropped jeans size 29
- Women Dress Joe Browns Creole Carnival Dresses Fashion Summer Casual Floral New
- 525 VI-J2958 trousers Women's - colour Grey IE
- Bastet black - Pink silk jumpsuit
- COSH ORIGINAL NEW suede lange klokkende rok donkerbruin mt 38
- DONDUP women's jeans low waist with zip slim cm base. 14 mod P622 DA010DV LAMBDA
- Freya Drift Away AS4048 Wp Imbottito con Ferretto a Cuore Bikini Top red 34 e
- J Crew Emerald Green S 4 6 T Wool Flannel Ruffle hem Skirt Excellent
- Leilian Wool Skirt Size 17(K-44702)
- MIRACLESUIT MYSTIFY SEXY ANIMAL MIRACLE SWIM SUIT U W BATHING SWIMMING COSTUME
- NEW Womens Matilda Jane Happy & Free Festival Season Pants Size L Large NWTIB
- NWT Re named Nasty Gal Womens Floral Jogger Pants Size Medium
- Profile by Gottex Starlet purple Peplum Waist Halter Tankini TopSize 8NWT 94
- SLOBE IENA Pants 391243 White 36
- UNITED ARROWS Pants 759386 bluee 34
- WOMENS PLUS SIZE NIKE NSW TECH FLEECE CARBON GREY JOGGER PANTS AH2856 091 SZ 3XL
- Ae - Sujetador Triumph-80C - Forma Sensación Wdp whiteo Nuevo
- CafePress Hulk Thor Coworkers Women's Comfortable PJ Sleepwear (219242697)
- Ginger BO-124G1-11-2G_GREEN Women's dress - colour Green IE
- Lucy activewear Small Size Blouse
- NIP VICTORIA'S SECRET FLARE PANTS MEDIUM SHORT WITH BLING
- Robe Frauen Nachtwäsche Höhe Solide 91 cm Fehlschlag size V-ausschnitt Lange
- Vimmia Womens Shavasana Reversible Sweater Size XS 98 Carbon38 bluesh
For close to four decades, the Lanterman Act has supported people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in California with a network of centers offering specialized care.
We need our elected representatives in Sacramento to stand up to Big Oil and hold the industry accountable for the harms it is causing in our communities and around the world.
The murder of a Fresno woman by her partner on May 4 is a reminder of the dangers many domestic violence survivors confront when trying to leave a relationship, police and experts said.
Untreated mood and anxiety disorders associated with pregnancy are costing California billions of dollars in health care spending, social services expenses and productivity losses, according to a new report.
I blame no one for my daughter’s death, but looking back I recognize that there were opportunities for the teachers, coaches and family members to intervene and possibly save her.
Researchers at the University of Southern California and Occidental College have come up with a roadmap for transitioning the state to a low-carbon economy while improving the lives of the state’s most marginalized people.
OP ED: For Our LGBT Community, We Need a Better Violence Against Women Act via @calhealthreport